Most viewed recently
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- Sir John Kerr’s secret ‘Palace letters’ to be released
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia. The media and the Tiananmen massacre myth – part 2
- The Australian Government regards China as a strategic competitor, a revisionist power, and one that must be resisted.
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- Bishops and branch stacking: the second oldest profession
Tag Archives: Brian McNair
Just five short years after (literally) eating humble pie live on national TV for presiding over the most corrupt, criminally minded, bin-raking, sleaze-mongering crowd of press hacks ever to spread their poison in the English-speaking world, Rupert Murdoch is back … Continue reading
I’ve been teaching students in Hong Kong about the relationship between politics and the media, and wanted to illustrate the sometimes problematic relationship between media and power. So I showed them Robert Peston’s BBC Panorama documentary about the “industrial-scale” criminality … Continue reading