Most viewed recently
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- China is not a threat to Australia
- It’s time to strip ‘national security’ of its sacred cow status. Part 1
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US can ignore them in Diego Garcia.
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- A win’s a win in Eden-Monaro
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
Tag Archives: bridging visas
As readers of John Menadue’s blog might be aware, I believe that Australia ought, on the one hand, to find homes in … Continue reading
Malcolm Turnbull told the UN that our treatment of refugees is world’s best practice. Only a guilty conscience could allow such self deception. In her book ‘Eichmann in Jerusalem’, published in 1963, Hannah Arendt refers to the ‘banality of … Continue reading
Nearly 29,000 asylum seekers are in Australia on temporary ‘bridging visas’. These people may be free from detention but – with many denied education, healthcare and the right to work – they remain locked in desperate poverty and with no … Continue reading
I wish that the Rudd, Gillard and Abbott Governments had done things very differently on refugee policies. But faced with the impasse at the present time, I welcome the compromise arrangement which the government has negotiated with the senate cross … Continue reading