Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The gruesome twosome’s crystal ball
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Between America and China?
- MACK WILLIAMS. Cost/Benefit Analysis of the Morrison Covid19 “proposal”
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JACK WATERFORD. Dutton fights from the flank
- ALEX MITCHELL. Don Harwin becomes cactus
- JOHN DWYER. Political ambition demands we play the COVID ‘Blame Game’ while Rome still burns
Tag Archives: Bruce Wearne
My life to date has been unduly constrained by the enforcement of standardised practices, stereotypes and official policies designed to uphold the primary care of people with Friedreich’s Ataxia. I was diagnosed with onset at 14; now I’m 54.
Bruce Wearne. Political questions that can’t be answered by our publicly funded public relations firms.
Last week, four days before the election was called, I received a “pre-election” letter from my “Parliamentary representative”. It began with the following disclaimer: Dear Fellow Corangamite Resident: Soon there will be another election and I write to apologise for the … Continue reading
At the election of December 1975, the Australian electorate confirmed the sacking of the Whitlam Government. It was an implicit “thumbs up!” to Malcolm Fraser and those on his “side” of politics. Whatever the actual cause of the constitutional crisis … Continue reading
Disability support and policy is currently undergoing much needed reform. Such reforms highlight the attenuated life chances of people with disabilities and how these can be mitigated by policies that emphasize the inclusion of people with disabilities into the social … Continue reading