Most viewed recently
- China is not a threat to Australia
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- It’s time to strip ‘national security’ of its sacred cow status. Part 1
- A win’s a win in Eden-Monaro
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- The Australian Government regards China as a strategic competitor, a revisionist power, and one that must be resisted.
Tag Archives: capitalism
As both John Menadue and Ian McAuley have argued in recent posts there are good social reasons for governments to intervene to modify the outcomes from a purely capitalist economy. Right now rising inequality and taxation avoidance by companies and … Continue reading
In his challenging series last week on ‘Is capitalism redeemable’ Ian McAuley drew attention to how growing inequality is the cause not only of serious social concerns, but it is also presenting us with some quite serious economic problems. There … Continue reading