Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss?
- STUART REES. Cowardice as a principle of foreign policy, what on earth are they thinking?
- ALEX MITCHELL. Don Harwin becomes cactus
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The miracle of being two-faced and saving both faces
Tag Archives: Crimen-Sollicitationis
In the days before police forces, the State in the English speaking world relied on citizens to report serious crimes, called “felonies”. The posse in the Western movies is a reflection of the “hue and cry” that citizens were expected … Continue reading
On 19March 2010, after the Murphy Commission in Ireland found that there had been widespread cover up of child sex abuse in the Archdiocese of Dublin, Pope Benedict XVI wrote a “Pastoral Letter to the People of Ireland”. The Murphy … Continue reading
“When I use a word, Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone, “It means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many … Continue reading
Bella figura, writes Bishop Geoffrey Robinson in his book, For Christ’s Sake, pervades the Vatican. In Italian, it means putting on a good appearance, and never admitting mistakes – what we might call “spin”. Its opposite, bruta figura means looking … Continue reading