Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss?
- PETER WILKINSON AND GAIL GROSSMAN FREYNE. Historic Church Governance Report locked down by Australian Bishops
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The miracle of being two-faced and saving both faces
- JACK WATERFORD. Trump: the man who made America little again
Tag Archives: Duterte
President Trump’s characterisation of Kim Jong-un as a “smart cookie” illustrates the learning process he is undergoing about how to operate in Asia and who might be contributing to it. Learning how to manage President Duterte may be another challenge.
For Ms Bishop to be talking in Singapore about China and democracies, the Japanese “big ship” and rallying the claimants while pleading with the US to remain staunchly committed in the region certainly is risky. We could be exposed as … Continue reading
Attitudes to the USA have varied in the Philippines since they first came in contact in 1898 when the Americans invaded the Philippines and spent 1898 to 1904 in a brutal colonial war against the Philippine Republic under President Emilio … Continue reading