Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- MACK WILLIAMS. Cost/Benefit Analysis of the Morrison Covid19 “proposal”
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Between America and China?
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JACK WATERFORD. Dutton fights from the flank
- STUART REES. Cowardice as a principle of foreign policy, what on earth are they thinking?
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
Tag Archives: first time buyers
Making Housing Affordable Series. SAUL ESLAKE. The causes and effects of the housing affordability crisis, and what can and should be done about it.
Treasurer Scott Morrison is right in saying that “there are no single or easy solutions” – even though he (and others on his side of politics) tend to ignore this advice in emphasising ‘supply-side solutions’ and decrying any suggestion of … Continue reading
The housing affordability debate is being wrongly understood as just a supply problem. The real cause of house price inflation is excess liquidity and debt, combined with overly generous tax incentives.