Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- PAUL COLLINS. The Real Crisis of Australian Catholicism.
- JOHN MENADUE. Peter Dutton is an embarrassment for all of us.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Peter Dutton and his South African friends.
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- ANDREW GLIKSON. The onset of climate tipping points
- CAVAN HOGUE. Reflections on the ASEAN-Australian Summit. 23 March 2018
- PAT POWER. Quo Vadis? The Plenary Council of the Catholic Church in Australia 23 March 2018
- JOHN AUSTEN. Immigration and infrastructure. 23 March 2018
- JENNIFER DOGGETT. 8th National Health Reform Summit to focus on equity, efficiency and sustainability. 23 March 2018
- JULIAN CRIBB. When ‘oil’ spells murder. 23 March 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (726)
- Economy (943)
- Education (181)
- Environment and climate (278)
- Health (456)
- Housing (57)
- Human Rights (380)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (130)
- International Affairs (1,267)
- Asia (80)
- Links (10)
- Media (463)
- NBN (72)
- Politics (2,228)
- Refugees, Immigration (515)
- Religion and Faith (437)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (127)
Tag Archives: French and German submarines
Recent papers published in Pearls and Irritations by Jon Stanford and Rear-Admiral Ian Richards have suggested respectively that: the case for providing significant financial support to the naval shipbuilding industry is flawed, both on defence policy and industry policy grounds … Continue reading