Most viewed recently
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- China is not a threat to Australia
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US can ignore them in Diego Garcia.
- It’s time to strip ‘national security’ of its sacred cow status. Part 1
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- A win’s a win in Eden-Monaro
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
Tag Archives: frontier wars
Conservatives and militarists want us to cling to a disastrous imperial war. They encourage us to focus on how our soldiers fought in order to avoid the central issue of why we fought.
JOHN MENADUE. Best we forget. We commemorate Australians who died in foreign wars in foreign lands, but not Australian aborigines who died in defence of their own country.
Yesterday, in a moving ceremony, the remains of 33 Australians who were buried in military cemeteries in Malaysia and Singapore were returned to Australia. Our Governor General, Sir Peter Cosgrove, and Chief of the Defence Force, Air Chief Marshal Mark … Continue reading
It’s time for funds and a plan to preserve and commemorate this visitor from Ancient Australia, writesJim Bowler, the geologist who discovered Mungo Man’s remains. Forty-two years ago, on 26 February 1974, I first encountered the remains of Mungo Man … Continue reading
I have posted many blogs about our refusal to acknowledge the frontier wars, when we suffered the largest death toll in war in our history in relation to our population at the time. In the SMH on February 12, … Continue reading