Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- CHRIS SIDOTI.- Archbishop Anthony saves the day.
- KERRY BREEN and KERRY GOULSTON.-An improved response to COVID-19 will not be achieved with the current approach.
- IAN McAULEY. We should be thankful that Morrison wasn’t our PM in 1939.
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. The Government could do better
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 4 April 2020
- STEPHEN FITZGERALD supports Pearls and Irritations. 3 April 2020
- DUNCAN GRAHAM It’s looking real bad next door 3 April 2020
- JOCELYN CHEY. “People Matter” – Let’s Not Make Exceptions 3 April 2020
- STEPHEN DUCKETT, ANIKA STOBART, WILLMACKEY.- If coronavirus cases don’t grow any faster, our health system will probably cope (The Conversations 1.4.2020) 3 April 2020
- Arts and Reviews (57)
- Commendations (3)
- Defence/Security (1,017)
- Drug Reform (36)
- Economy (1,397)
- Education (285)
- Environment and climate (689)
- Health (740)
- Housing (113)
- Human Rights (491)
- Indigenous affairs (104)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (227)
- International Affairs (2,398)
- Links (10)
- Media (644)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (4,180)
- Refugees, Immigration (702)
- Religion and Faith (754)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (65)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (9)
- Tributes (64)
- Uncategorized (228)
Tag Archives: Great Barrier Reef
During the 1930s, around ten million Russians and Ukrainians starved to death in a horrific event known as Holodomor. Historians have attributed this disaster in part to the quack theories of Trofim Lysenko, Stalin’s hand-picked boss of Soviet agricultural science. … Continue reading
He may not have landed any concrete results, but he continues to give the myths and legends a good workout.
Media Watch on 27 March 2017 described the unprofessional behaviour of the Australian and journalist Graham Lloyd over the reporting of the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef. The Media Watch story follows.
The occurrence of the extreme summer experienced in NSW, for example, was at least 50 times more likely than would have been the case without climate change.
Julie Bishop has decided to take on the President of the United States over his comments to an audience at the University of Queensland on the state of the Great Barrier Reef. It shows immaturity to jump in so quickly … Continue reading