Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.- Fed up with pious negligence.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.-There is no reason to believe that Scott Morrison is becoming a serious Prime Minister
- ABUL RIZVI.-Where have Dutton and Pezzullo been hiding?
- JON STANFORD.- Second rate leadership. Part 1 of 3
- GEORGE BROWNING.- How good are the fires?
- JON BLACKWELL and KERRY GOULSTON. Aspects of Australian healthcare reform (part 2 of 3) – Learning from Denmark 21 January 2020
- ROB PURDON. Insuring against future bushfires 21 January 2020
- GRAEME WORBOYS: “I’ve never seen anything like this before” 21 January 2020
- NOEL TURNBULL. Morisson has rent seekers salivating. 21 January 2020
- JACK WATERFORD. How rorting sporting grants became a bipartisan game. 21 January 2020
- Arts and Reviews (54)
- Defence/Security (998)
- Drug Reform (36)
- Economy (1,359)
- Education (276)
- Environment and climate (654)
- Health (679)
- Housing (109)
- Human Rights (481)
- Indigenous affairs (95)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (225)
- International Affairs (2,348)
- Links (10)
- Media (635)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (3,874)
- Refugees, Immigration (696)
- Religion and Faith (746)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (62)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (9)
- Tributes (64)
- Uncategorized (228)
- PATRICK COCKBURN.-Blundering into War(LRB 2.1.2020) on
- GRAEME WORBOYS: “I’ve never seen anything like this before” on
- PETER SAINSBURY. Sunday environmental round up, 19 January 2020 on
- GEORGE BROWNING.CONSERVATISM, BEAUTY AND SIR ROGER SCRUTON on
- PAUL WALDMAN. There are no heroes in the Trump Administration.(Washington Post 18.1.2020) on
Tag Archives: Great Barrier Reef
During the 1930s, around ten million Russians and Ukrainians starved to death in a horrific event known as Holodomor. Historians have attributed this disaster in part to the quack theories of Trofim Lysenko, Stalin’s hand-picked boss of Soviet agricultural science. … Continue reading
He may not have landed any concrete results, but he continues to give the myths and legends a good workout.
Media Watch on 27 March 2017 described the unprofessional behaviour of the Australian and journalist Graham Lloyd over the reporting of the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef. The Media Watch story follows.
The occurrence of the extreme summer experienced in NSW, for example, was at least 50 times more likely than would have been the case without climate change.
Julie Bishop has decided to take on the President of the United States over his comments to an audience at the University of Queensland on the state of the Great Barrier Reef. It shows immaturity to jump in so quickly … Continue reading