Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- JOHN MENADUE. The Light From the Southern Cross.A Report on Catholic Church Governance
- JENNY HOCKING. High Court says ‘Release the Palace Letters’
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Scott Morrison’s cooing of doves.
- MUNGO MACALLUM. Thanks to Jenny Hocking’s indefatigable efforts, national pride has been salvaged.
- COLIN MACKERRAS. The mess of Australia-China relations
- RAMESH THAKUR. Let’s learn from this pandemic to be better prepared for the really big one
- JENNY HOCKING. ‘If I were to terminate his commission’: Sir John Kerr’s secret ‘Palace letters on Whitlam’s dismissal
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- DENNIS RICHARDS. Trumpism redefines American exceptionalism
Tag Archives: house prices
Making Housing Affordable Series. PETER PHIBBS. The politics of property and the role of urban planning
The narrative provided by the property industry and by some politicians is that the planning system creates large bottlenecks to more supply. Yet the reality is that we have been generating record levels of supply in Australia in recent years. … Continue reading
PETER PHIBBS and NICOLE GURRAN. Why housing supply shouldn’t be the only policy tool politicians cling to.
If politicians were serious about the affordability crisis, they would be trying to support the important but underfunded affordable housing sector. Better targeting tax breaks towards new and affordable rental housing, rather than fuelling demand for existing homes, would also … Continue reading