Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- The politics of the coming generation.
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- It’s a terrible thing to say, but Joel Fitzgibbon is rapidly turning into Labor’s answer to Barnaby Joyce
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Four legs good two legs bad, private good public bad
- His country, weak or strong (Inside Story 3 August, 2020)
Tag Archives: house prices
Making Housing Affordable Series. PETER PHIBBS. The politics of property and the role of urban planning
The narrative provided by the property industry and by some politicians is that the planning system creates large bottlenecks to more supply. Yet the reality is that we have been generating record levels of supply in Australia in recent years. … Continue reading
PETER PHIBBS and NICOLE GURRAN. Why housing supply shouldn’t be the only policy tool politicians cling to.
If politicians were serious about the affordability crisis, they would be trying to support the important but underfunded affordable housing sector. Better targeting tax breaks towards new and affordable rental housing, rather than fuelling demand for existing homes, would also … Continue reading