Most viewed recently
- When the war on terror turns inward
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Hysteria over China.
- Reflections on sixty years as a priest .
- Frydenberg, the hollow man: Thatcher and Reagan’s political grandson.
- It’s a terrible thing to say, but Joel Fitzgibbon is rapidly turning into Labor’s answer to Barnaby Joyce
- Four legs good two legs bad, private good public bad
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- Remembering Margaret Thatcher
- One of the biggest open secrets in Australian public policy-privatisation has failed (Canberra Times, 27 July 2020)
Tag Archives: immigration and employment
Adjusting the intake in response to shifts in employment makes long-term sense. Between 2008 and 2016, in net terms, the Australian labour market expanded by 474,000 full-time jobs. But only 74,000 of them went to people born in Australia. That’s … Continue reading