Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The end of Western Civilisation!
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- JULIAN BURNSIDE. The legality of off-shore detention
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. One Nation and the fabled Enterprise Tax Plan
- JOHN MENADUE. The ongoing class warfare . 23 June 2018
- JAMES FERNYHOUGH. This is how the biggest tax cut in history will affect you. (New Daily 21/6/2018) 23 June 2018
- ROBERT KAGAN. Trump’s America does not care. 23 June 2018
- JAMES FERNYHOUGH. Telstra’s bombshell announcement is ‘huge’ news for consumers. 23 June 2018
- SAM HURLEY AND KATE MACKENZIE. Climate horizons. 23 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (784)
- Economy (1,037)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (310)
- Health (485)
- Housing (70)
- Human Rights (405)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (153)
- International Affairs (1,461)
- Asia (158)
- Links (10)
- Media (495)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,360)
- Refugees, Immigration (528)
- Religion and Faith (476)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (164)
Tag Archives: Jean-Pierre Lehmann
It is widely held that there is qualitative distinction between the benign, liberal US global order prevailing in the Asia Pacific, and a potentially threatening and malign Chinese imperialist order. This perspective is quite hallucinatory.
JEAN-PIERRE LEHMANN. As China and US get closer, Japan is left in not so splendid isolation in Asia Pacific
Tokyo needs to make peace with its neighbours, especially those that were its former victim.
JEAN – PIERRE LEHMANN. Conspicuous Western & Japanese Absence from Belt & Road Initiative Summit is a Big Mistake
The conspicuous absence of the heads of state from the major Western economic powers and Japan at the 14/15 May Belt & Road Initiative (BRI) in Beijing is a big mistake and a missed opportunity for enhancing dynamic and cooperative … Continue reading
The unfolding Western effort to preach to the Chinese and paint a picture of a shining and benign America and contrasting that with a threatening and malign picture of China is, among other things, a complete distortion of the historical … Continue reading