Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- The politics of the coming generation.
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- It’s a terrible thing to say, but Joel Fitzgibbon is rapidly turning into Labor’s answer to Barnaby Joyce
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Four legs good two legs bad, private good public bad
- His country, weak or strong (Inside Story 3 August, 2020)
Tag Archives: Laura Tingle
On 19th August Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison confirmed his earlier decision to block the NSW government’s planned lease of 50.4 per cent of the New South Wales Ausgrid electricity distribution network to two Chinese companies: the Chinese government-owned State … Continue reading
When people remember Gough Whitlam, few would identify him as an economic rationalist. Economics was not his primary interest and, partly because of the perceived urgency of implementing “the programme” after 23 years in opposition, partly because of the incompetence … Continue reading
Current Affairs: The Budget Opinion polls and the public generally seem to believe that the Liberal Party is a superior economic manager to the Labor Party. There are also signs that the Liberal Party believes this about itself. But the … Continue reading
The business sector and the media have each been asking this question. It is not surprising perhaps in view of Tony Abbott’s plummeting approval rating and the election results in Victoria, Queensland and South Australia. In the Australian Financial Review … Continue reading
Does ‘Red Rupe” have any remaining ‘red’ beliefs? Murdoch was called ‘Red Rupe’ by his fellow Oxford students in the early 1950s. He had a bust of Lenin on his mantle, was a member of the Labour Club and generally … Continue reading
There is not much doubt in my mind that the budget cuts to the ABC are part of a vendetta against the ABC and to oblige Rupert Murdoch who intensely dislikes quality competition. The ABC is the most trusted media … Continue reading