Most viewed recently
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- China is not a threat to Australia
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US can ignore them in Diego Garcia.
- It’s time to strip ‘national security’ of its sacred cow status. Part 1
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- A win’s a win in Eden-Monaro
- The Coalition is just following orders
- Morrison and Sebastian, exemplars of Australian art
- The strange case of Shaoquett Moselmane and the AFP and ASIO raid.
Tag Archives: Malcolm Turnbull and data retention
The media’s attention this past week turned to the 61 “fringe agencies” trying to get access to our metadata. Many have missed the point that when Parliament passed the Data Retention Act the Government heralded the fact that it had … Continue reading
One of my first tasks shortly after joining Internet Australia (nee ISOC-AU) was to front the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security (PJCIS). Our appearance at the hearing into the (Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Amendment (Data Retention) Act 2015) … Continue reading