Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- CATHIE HULL. COVID-19 Infection, Isolation and Action
- CHRIS SIDOTI.- Archbishop Anthony saves the day.
- KERRY BREEN and KERRY GOULSTON.-An improved response to COVID-19 will not be achieved with the current approach.
- JOHN DWYER. Understanding the public health imperatives required to minimise infections with the Corona virus. (Part One).
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.- Porky Pies
- PETER SAINSBURY. Sunday environmental round up, 29 March 2020 29 March 2020
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 28 March 2020
- JOHN MENADUE.-Strengthening Pearls and Irritations. 27 March 2020
- MICHAEL KEATING.- Good health policy is good for the economy 27 March 2020
- ALEX MITCHELL: Mark Latham goes all nuclear – again! 27 March 2020
- Arts and Reviews (56)
- Defence/Security (1,017)
- Drug Reform (36)
- Economy (1,392)
- Education (285)
- Environment and climate (688)
- Health (728)
- Housing (112)
- Human Rights (489)
- Indigenous affairs (103)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (227)
- International Affairs (2,393)
- Links (10)
- Media (644)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (4,155)
- Refugees, Immigration (702)
- Religion and Faith (753)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (65)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (9)
- Tributes (64)
- Uncategorized (228)
Tag Archives: Marie Collins
Clerical privilege took a heavy blow when Catholic bishops were summoned to appear at the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to child sexual abuse (RC). The church answering to the state.
I am convinced that there must be a full and open discussion of all aspects of the Church if we are ever to put this scandal behind us. Quite simply, we need a different church. The Royal Commission was not … Continue reading
There are now no survivors or parents of survivors on the Commission nor are there any on the Australian Towards Healing or Melbourne Response agencies for handling complaints by victims of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. The same criticism … Continue reading