Most viewed recently
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- Sir John Kerr’s secret ‘Palace letters’ to be released
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia. The media and the Tiananmen massacre myth – part 2
- The Coalition is just following orders
- The Australian Government regards China as a strategic competitor, a revisionist power, and one that must be resisted.
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Bishops and branch stacking: the second oldest profession
- How the Powerhouse Museum was saved
Tag Archives: Nigel Farage
JOHN MENADUE. Conservatives set the rules but they keep breaking them. (Repost from 7 February 2017)
Many people around the world are concluding that the system is rigged in favour of powerful insiders who bend the rules. The populists – Trump, Farage, Le Pen and Hanson are adept at tapping into that disempowerment and the sense … Continue reading
‘They are not laughing now’. So the UKIP leader Nigel Farage gloated in the European Parliament in July 2016. It was not the first time these exact words have been uttered, in the same spirit of vengeful vindication in … Continue reading
There are lessons for many, including Australia, in Brexit and in the demise of David Cameron. That demise resulted from a failure of leadership. He pandered to the extremist Eurosceptic in his party. Instead of dismissing them and telling … Continue reading