Most viewed recently
- Worried about(Chinese) agents of foreign influence? Just look at who owns Australia’s biggest companies
- High Court Judges and not just Dyson Heydon
- Stuck in the craw of the Coalition
- The Myth of Chinese Money in Australia
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Judge Dyson, moving in the lower circles of hell
- Dirty Dyson demolishes his own reputation
- Dyson Heydon bites the dust
- Canberra Shuffles its China Briefcase to decouple,rather than improve relations.
- Our dream run over COVID has come to an end
Tag Archives: nuclear weapons
RAMESH THAKUR. The UN draft treaty to ban the bomb is an important milestone on the road to nuclear abolition
The recently published draft text of a convention to ban the bomb provides a good basis to complete negotiations of a treaty to prohibit the acquisition, development, production, manufacture, possession, transfer, testing, extra-territorial stationing and use of nuclear weapons as … Continue reading
Instead of cheering US resort to increasingly robust use of military firepower as the first response to international crises, Western leaders should be ring-fencing Trump’s instinct to reckless behaviour in order to avoid a catastrophe.
The United Nations continues to be vital in the humanitarian field, but is failing in its role of maintaining international peace and security. The continuing abuse of their veto power, by the permanent five members of the Security Council, is … Continue reading
Japan has an exceptional opportunity, while maneuvering to remain close to Washington, to reduce its unhealthy security and economic dependency on the United States, and to educate the U.S. administration on the merits and benefits of the key planks of … Continue reading
RAMESH THAKUR. The nuclear deal with Iran was a triumph of global diplomacy, not a success of US sanctions
The deal (with Iran) is worth defending for three reasons: it is a good accommodation of each side’s bottom lines; sanctions may not have been as decisive as the hawks seem to believe in explaining Iran’s signature; and unilateral US … Continue reading
Summary. Donald Trump, Dylan Thomas, and the Australia US Alliance – A great power in decline.
During the last 10 years, North Korea has resigned its membership of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty (NPT), and conducted four nuclear test explosions. It claimed that the latest of these, detected four days ago, was of a hydrogen (fission-fusion) … Continue reading