Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- COLIN MACKERRAS. The mess of Australia-China relations
- JACK WATERFORD. Trump: the man who made America little again
- JOHN MENADUE. The Light From the Southern Cross.A Report on Catholic Church Governance
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- RAMESH THAKUR. The rise and fall of coronavirus modelling
- JENNY HOCKING. High Court says ‘Release the Palace Letters’
- MUNGO MACALLUM. Thanks to Jenny Hocking’s indefatigable efforts, national pride has been salvaged.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Australia goes fishing in troubled waters.
Tag Archives: Orderly-Departure-Agreements
The ALP Federal conference which will be meeting in a week’s time, will be considering refugee policy along with other major issues. I have re-posted below a post from 22 June on refugees . Media reports suggest that boat … Continue reading
I have not always held the view that asylum seekers who come to Australia could be transferred and processed in another country. I changed my mind on that partly because of the rapid increase in boat arrivals after the Agreement … Continue reading
For over 60 years Australia has played a vital role in the development and strengthening of a system of international protection for refugees. It was one of the earliest signatories to the 1951 Refugee Convention. It has been an active … Continue reading