Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Trump has a problem with China – but what is Australia doing?
- Exposing the Hidden Hand
- His country, weak or strong (Inside Story 3 August, 2020)
- The politics of the coming generation.
Tag Archives: Papal-Nuncio
The papacy only gained complete power over the appointment of bishops in the mid-19th century; it’s that recent. Previously many different systems operated, but the key issue was that the local church had a major say in who was … Continue reading
Sydney needs a new archbishop who has every chance of becoming a cardinal once Cardinal Pell turns 80. How do we get a new bishop? The pope will appoint one. Since 1917 he has claimed the right to do so. … Continue reading
In late February the National Council of Priests met with the Catholic Bishops Commission for Church Ministry. This is an annual dialogue. Fr Ian McGinnity who is the President of the National Council of Priests sent to his colleagues a … Continue reading