Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Questions Ahead of Home Affairs Meeting That Never Happened
- JOHN MENADUE The myth that the Liberals are better economic managers?
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- ABUL RIZVI. New regional visas – a recipe for exploitation and destitution.
- ABUL RIZVI. Scott Morrison and Peter Dutton have lost control of our borders.
- GREG LOCKHART. What we forget on Anzac Day. 25 April 2019
- JOHN MENADUE. Best we forget – the Frontier and Maori Wars. An update 25 April 2019
- STUART REES, Churches Support for the Boycott, Divestment Sanctions (BDS) Movement 25 April 2019
- ANDREW FROST. Alternative Histories, the ANZAC legend re-imagined on canvas 25 April 2019
- DAVID STEPHENS. Beneath the tumult and the shouting: Anzac Day as a private experience. 25 April 2019
- Arts and Reviews (47)
- Defence/Security (905)
- Drug Reform (30)
- Economy (1,245)
- Education (255)
- Environment and climate (482)
- Health (607)
- Housing (85)
- Human Rights (443)
- Indigenous affairs (79)
- Industrial relations (36)
- Infrastructure (202)
- International Affairs (1,964)
- Asia (361)
- Links (10)
- Media (593)
- NBN (81)
- Politics (3,095)
- Refugees, Immigration (655)
- Religion and Faith (615)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (56)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (6)
- Tributes (49)
- Uncategorized (225)
Tag Archives: Paul Keating.
Quo vadis – Australian foreign policy and ANZUS Summary. Our relationship with the US is of course very important and substantial. This does not mean that we should be seen as not responding quickly to the greatly changed world of … Continue reading
LUKE FRASER. Roads: Minister Fletcher will need a good nose for bullshit to deliver genuine reform a la Paul Keating.
Both the Grattan Institute [i] and Ross Gittins [ii] have lauded Minister for Urban Infrastructure Paul Fletcher for his hard talk on road reform. Gittins compared him to Paul Keating. Fletcher is setting out with a reformer’s zeal. Like … Continue reading
You may be interested in this repost. John Menadue By linking boat arrivals and jihadists in the one sentence, a couple of weeks ago, Tony Abbott sounded very much like a dog-whistler that we can expect to hear more … Continue reading