Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- MACK WILLIAMS. Cost/Benefit Analysis of the Morrison Covid19 “proposal”
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Between America and China?
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JACK WATERFORD. Dutton fights from the flank
- ALEX MITCHELL. Don Harwin becomes cactus
- STUART REES. Cowardice as a principle of foreign policy, what on earth are they thinking?
Tag Archives: Peter Gibilisco
“The worst kind of bad social science, Stretton argues, purports to select the things to be explained, and the ways of explaining them, without resort to values and valuation”
1. Meritocracy Meritocracy is a belief that seems to me to still be alive and well in the senior management of disability support. It also seems to drive many aspects of public policy, particularly when appeals are made to … Continue reading
I look back on the last five years and come to a sad conclusion. For some considerable time, I have been losing control of my movements. But from July 2011 there has occurred a progressive loss of control that … Continue reading
My life to date has been unduly constrained by the enforcement of standardised practices, stereotypes and official policies designed to uphold the primary care of people with Friedreich’s Ataxia. I was diagnosed with onset at 14; now I’m 54.
Here is my proposal for a Dictionary definition of Synergy: the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects. “the synergy between artist … Continue reading
Let me be frank. There are many stringencies that have to be faced in the provision of disability support services. We all know this whether we are recipients of in-home one-on-one support, residents, workers or management of disability support services, … Continue reading
WHAT IS MEANT BY EFFICIENCY IN THE PROVISION OF SERVICES FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES? IS IT JUST A COVER FOR GREATER STANDARDISATION? The State Disability Plan is not the only endorsement of the need to emphasize the individualising of care … Continue reading
In this article I want to discuss an aspect of the standardised procedures set by service providers in facilities that serve people with disabilities. More to the point, I am keen to explore how this affects the ethos of service … Continue reading
Disability support and policy is currently undergoing much needed reform. Such reforms highlight the attenuated life chances of people with disabilities and how these can be mitigated by policies that emphasize the inclusion of people with disabilities into the social … Continue reading