Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI: Scott Morrison’s Record on Immigration
- JOHN MENADUE. Why dental care was excluded from Medicare and why it should now be included
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. A ministry top-heavy with lightweights.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. Morrison is, and has always been, a creature of the right, both economically and socially.
- ABUL RIZVI. What is Dutton Hiding Now?
- MAUREEN DOWD. Trump Finally Makes a Friend (New York Times, 15.09.18) 18 September 2018
- ERIN O’DONNELL, AVRIL HORNE. Giving environmental water to drought-stricken farmers sounds straightforward, but it’s a bad idea (The Conversation, 18.09.18) 18 September 2018
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. ScoMo, ProMo, Status QuoMo 18 September 2018
- DUNCAN GRAHAM. Robbing Roads To Keep Rice Cheap. 18 September 2018
- ROSS GITTINS. Morrison’s surplus secret: bracket creep kills the tax cuts. (SMH 15-16.9.2018) 18 September 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (816)
- Drug Reform (21)
- Economy (1,099)
- Education (209)
- Environment and climate (361)
- Health (527)
- Housing (75)
- Human Rights (420)
- Indigenous affairs (68)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (164)
- International Affairs (1,618)
- Asia (226)
- Links (10)
- Media (526)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,566)
- Refugees, Immigration (556)
- Religion and Faith (523)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (53)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (197)
Tag Archives: President Trump
President Trump’s actions, and the international reactions to them, are so bad that the question naturally arises, “are we witnessing the beginning of the long-term decline of the West, and of the US in particular?”
In this article in the Boston Globe of April 16, JEFFREY D SACHS speaks of the risks that the US and the world are running. He speaks of the US ‘wanton addiction to war’. John Menadue. “There is one foreign … Continue reading
JAMES O’NEILL. Scientific evidence exposes the falsity of US government claims about Syrian gas attack.
The irresistible conclusion is that those same senior politicians know that the White House claims are false and misleading and therefore highly dangerous to Australia’s national security. That they should maintain their silence on this while continuing to perpetuate a … Continue reading
For Ms Bishop to be talking in Singapore about China and democracies, the Japanese “big ship” and rallying the claimants while pleading with the US to remain staunchly committed in the region certainly is risky. We could be exposed as … Continue reading
In a statement on 27 February President Trump said that the United States had spent $ 6 trillion in the Middle East and had ” got nowhere “. It had produced a “mess” and a ” hornet’s nest “. In … Continue reading
As is now customarily the case, the mainstream media both failed to put Flynn’s actions in their proper context, and even more seriously failed to understand the significance of this week’s events.
For all of the radical change promised by Donald Trump when he was campaigning, at least one area of continuity is abundantly clear: the preoccupation with, and a distorted understanding of Islam in general and Iran in particular. His appointment … Continue reading
But is there a possible silver lining? I am surprised and horrified by the election of Donald Trump as the Leader of the ‘Free World’. He is sexist, racist, xenophobic and a Muslim-basher. He doesn’t dog-whistle like our prime … Continue reading