Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The gruesome twosome’s crystal ball
- MACK WILLIAMS. Cost/Benefit Analysis of the Morrison Covid19 “proposal”
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Between America and China?
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JACK WATERFORD. Dutton fights from the flank
- ALEX MITCHELL. Don Harwin becomes cactus
Tag Archives: Refugee Council of Australia.
‘Human beings are never a means to an end. They are an end in themselves’. Emmanuel Kant’s words in the seventeenth century echo down the centuries in stark contrast to Australia’s treatment of asylum seekers and refugees on Nauru … Continue reading
In recent years we have been getting a diet designed to diminish, denigrate and demonise asylum-seekers and refugees. We have lost a sense of proportion and the enormous contribution which refugees have made to this country. I have set out … Continue reading
UN High Commissioner Antonio Guterres criticises Australia’s ‘strange’ obsession with boats Excerpts from his address and answers to questions at UNHCR NGO consultations, Geneva, 17 June, 2014. I think it is .. important to underline that, especially from the … Continue reading