Most viewed recently
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- COLIN MACKERRAS. The mess of Australia-China relations
- JACK WATERFORD. Trump: the man who made America little again
- JOHN MENADUE. The Light From the Southern Cross.A Report on Catholic Church Governance
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- RAMESH THAKUR. The rise and fall of coronavirus modelling
- JENNY HOCKING. High Court says ‘Release the Palace Letters’
- MUNGO MACALLUM. Thanks to Jenny Hocking’s indefatigable efforts, national pride has been salvaged.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Australia goes fishing in troubled waters.
Tag Archives: Richard Eckersley
Global consumer capitalism, is reducing quality of life: stripping our lives of intrinsic worth and meaning; weakening communities; undermining health and wellbeing; creating grotesque inequities; destroying the natural environment; and undermining our faith in humanity’s future.
Better concepts and measures of quality of life and wellbeing make sustainable development more achievable. The debate about progress and development is converging and merging with that about sustainable development. My analysis of the flaws in equating progress with modernisation, … Continue reading
Western liberal democracies dominate the top rankings of progress indices. But are they the best models of development when their quality of life is, arguably, declining and unsustainable. The measures of human progress and development that we employ matter. Good … Continue reading