Most viewed recently
- Trump has a problem with China – but what is Australia doing?
- The federal government is hiding under the covers
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- John Menadue talks with Friendlyjordies
- America’s Unholy Crusade Against China (Project Syndicate August 5, 2020)
- The United States moving a step closer to the brink
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US ignores them in Diego Garcia (Repost 3 July 2020)
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- How big government and big companies erect communications barriers
Tag Archives: road funding
We are spending enormous sums on roads and increasing our national debt. Communities are being seriously disrupted and the congestion is increasing. When will we put a stop to this nonsense?
LUKE FRASER. Roads: Minister Fletcher will need a good nose for bullshit to deliver genuine reform a la Paul Keating.
Both the Grattan Institute [i] and Ross Gittins [ii] have lauded Minister for Urban Infrastructure Paul Fletcher for his hard talk on road reform. Gittins compared him to Paul Keating. Fletcher is setting out with a reformer’s zeal. Like … Continue reading
Road funding is becoming a mess with quite serious misunderstandings of what is being spent and how much is being wasted. The benefits are of increasing doubt. In this blog I carried a post by John Austen ‘Road spending incurs … Continue reading
or – How to stop pissing taxpayer money up against the wall! Australia’s Treasurer Scott Morrison has signalled his reform priority: “I’m interested in talking to people who have ideas how we can get spending under control. We have … Continue reading
Former prime minister Tony Abbott said that he planned to be the infrastructure prime minister. There was little to show for it apart from wasteful spending on roads. He said that the Commonwealth should ‘stick to its knitting’ and not … Continue reading