Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.- Fed up with pious negligence.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM.-There is no reason to believe that Scott Morrison is becoming a serious Prime Minister
- ABUL RIZVI.-Where have Dutton and Pezzullo been hiding?
- JON STANFORD.- Second rate leadership. Part 1 of 3
- GEORGE BROWNING.- How good are the fires?
- ABUL RIZVI: Is Dutton Undermining Birmingham’s Tourism Campaign? 20 January 2020
- JON BLACKWELL and KERRY GOULSTON. Aspects of Australian healthcare reform (part 1 of 3) – Some history 20 January 2020
- JOHN KEANE. Australia.out of luck 20 January 2020
- LYNDSAY CONNORS. Words, words, words. 20 January 2020
- PAUL WALDMAN. There are no heroes in the Trump Administration.(Washington Post 18.1.2020) 20 January 2020
- Arts and Reviews (54)
- Defence/Security (998)
- Drug Reform (36)
- Economy (1,359)
- Education (276)
- Environment and climate (653)
- Health (678)
- Housing (109)
- Human Rights (480)
- Indigenous affairs (95)
- Industrial relations (37)
- Infrastructure (225)
- International Affairs (2,347)
- Links (10)
- Media (635)
- NBN (84)
- Politics (3,869)
- Refugees, Immigration (696)
- Religion and Faith (746)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (60)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (62)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (9)
- Tributes (64)
- Uncategorized (228)
Tag Archives: road funding
We are spending enormous sums on roads and increasing our national debt. Communities are being seriously disrupted and the congestion is increasing. When will we put a stop to this nonsense?
LUKE FRASER. Roads: Minister Fletcher will need a good nose for bullshit to deliver genuine reform a la Paul Keating.
Both the Grattan Institute [i] and Ross Gittins [ii] have lauded Minister for Urban Infrastructure Paul Fletcher for his hard talk on road reform. Gittins compared him to Paul Keating. Fletcher is setting out with a reformer’s zeal. Like … Continue reading
Road funding is becoming a mess with quite serious misunderstandings of what is being spent and how much is being wasted. The benefits are of increasing doubt. In this blog I carried a post by John Austen ‘Road spending incurs … Continue reading
or – How to stop pissing taxpayer money up against the wall! Australia’s Treasurer Scott Morrison has signalled his reform priority: “I’m interested in talking to people who have ideas how we can get spending under control. We have … Continue reading
Former prime minister Tony Abbott said that he planned to be the infrastructure prime minister. There was little to show for it apart from wasteful spending on roads. He said that the Commonwealth should ‘stick to its knitting’ and not … Continue reading