Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- ABUL RIZVI. Global Talent Independent Visa: Permanent residence in a week or two
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
- BOB CARR. Hidden Reality of Australia-China Relations
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss?
- PETER WILKINSON AND GAIL GROSSMAN FREYNE. Historic Church Governance Report locked down by Australian Bishops
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The miracle of being two-faced and saving both faces
- JACK WATERFORD. Trump: the man who made America little again
Tag Archives: stamp duty
Making Housing Affordable Series. SAUL ESLAKE. The causes and effects of the housing affordability crisis, and what can and should be done about it.
Treasurer Scott Morrison is right in saying that “there are no single or easy solutions” – even though he (and others on his side of politics) tend to ignore this advice in emphasising ‘supply-side solutions’ and decrying any suggestion of … Continue reading
Victoria’s Labor Government has made clear its determination to do something about housing affordability, recently announcing a suite of reforms – many aimed at first home buyers. The changes are for the most part designed to boost supply of homes … Continue reading