Most viewed recently
- Trump has a problem with China – but what is Australia doing?
- The federal government is hiding under the covers
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Exposing the Hidden Hand
- John Menadue talks with Friendlyjordies
- The United States moving a step closer to the brink
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US ignores them in Diego Garcia (Repost 3 July 2020)
Tag Archives: Thomas Piketty
Over the past forty years, leading developed economies, most notably the United States have experienced an upsurge in inequality of income and wealth. Most of the benefits of economic growth have accrued to those in the top 1 per cent … Continue reading
See below links to two interesting articles. The first is by Paul Krugman, ‘Ending Greece’s Bleeding’ in the New York Times. The second is by Thomas Picketty ‘Germany has never repaid’ from the German newspaper Die Zeit. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/06/opinion/paul-krugman-ending-greeces-bleeding.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fpaul-krugman https://medium.com/@gavinschalliol/thomas-piketty-germany-has-never-repaid-7b5e7add6fff