Most viewed recently
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- China is not a threat to Australia
- Australia’s pro-Israel media fights facts and ends careers
- Why Australia’s strategic situation is far worse than we think (AFR 6.7.20)
- The Coalition is just following orders
- It’s time to strip ‘national security’ of its sacred cow status. Part 1
- Moslem MP branded a terrorist. Is there a fair go?
- A win’s a win in Eden-Monaro
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US can ignore them in Diego Garcia.
- Lies and distortions about western policies in Asia: The Sino-Indian frontier dispute. Part 1 of 2
Tag Archives: Tony Blair
In the New York Review of Books, Michael Ignatieff draws a link between failure of Western policy in the Middle East, it’s failure to counter ISIS and the resulting refugee flow into Europe. He says ‘ISIS wants to convince the … Continue reading
In mid-June, an Egyptian court upheld the death sentence against the country’s first freely elected president, Mohamed Morsi, whom the military deposed in July 2013. Death sentences against Morsi and 105 others were confirmed after Egypt’s grand mufti gave his … Continue reading
The seeds of the disaster in Iraq were sown long ago. We are now reaping a very bitter harvest. A major contributor to the upsurge in violence, terrorism and extremism in Iraq is the sense of outrage that many young … Continue reading
On June 10th, some 1,500 fighters from the Jihadist group ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria) seized Iraq’s second largest city, Mosul. Half a million citizens fled to the Kurdish areas. ISIS then moved further south, towards Baghdad, … Continue reading