Most viewed recently
- PETER GOERS. With China, many Aussies are absolute hypocrites (Sunday Mail 31.5.20)
- China must obey international rules in the South China Sea but the US can ignore them in Diego Garcia.
- The Myth of Chinese Money in Australia
- The strange case of Shaoquett Moselmane and the AFP and ASIO raid.
- Dirty Dyson demolishes his own reputation
- Judge Dyson, moving in the lower circles of hell
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Canberra Shuffles its China Briefcase to decouple,rather than improve relations.
- Our dream run over COVID has come to an end
- NBN Debacle. Wherefore art thou, minister?
Tag Archives: Towards-Healing
The reports issued by the Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse at times seem quietly understated. The Commission seems to invite readers to draw their own conclusions – damning or otherwise – from the facts the … Continue reading
The Catholic Church hierarchy has now accepted that its attempts to cover up the sexual abuse of children by clergy facilitated further abuse. But there was a second reason for the increase in the abuse – the canonical disciplinary system … Continue reading
There was once a rich man in England who became tired of watching his friends’ estates being eaten up by lawyers’ fees in disputes over wills. So, he made a very simple will leaving everything to a friend, and then … Continue reading
Cardinal Francis George, the former President of the United States Bishops Conference has been described as one of the Catholic Church’s most ‘formidable intellectuals’. In the 2003 Ave Maria Law Review he wrote an article entitled, “Law and Culture”, in … Continue reading
Whenever there has been an inquiry into the Catholic Church’s handling of child sex abuse by its clergy, the Church has claimed that child sex abuse was some sort of hidden problem that the whole world, including the Church, had … Continue reading