Most viewed recently
- CHEK LING. Unleashing the White Australia virus
- PAUL PERVERSI. Understanding anti-China Bias and other prejudices
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia
- SATURDAY’s GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND
- DAVID SOLOMON. They should have said: No Minister
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss?
- STUART REES. Cowardice as a principle of foreign policy, what on earth are they thinking?
- ALEX MITCHELL. Don Harwin becomes cactus
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. The miracle of being two-faced and saving both faces
Tag Archives: US
If energy and armaments are the agents behind America’s ‘empire of bases’ and its ‘empire of markets’, how influential are they? On security, barely; on terrorism, hugely.
President Donald Trump’s announcement overnight that he will withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement comes as no surprise.
The Prime Minister’s recent decision to back coal rests on the assumption that it can somehow be made “clean”, or more precisely, that carbon, capture and storage (CCS) technologies can be made to work for coal plants. The problem is … Continue reading
If NATO cannot rely on a Trump administration, should Australian leaders not see this as an opportunity to face the facts?
During the last Presidential campaign, the Republican nominee Donald Trump made a variety of statements that suggested a changing focus in US foreign policy. He promised, inter alia, no more attempts at regime change, an effective fight against the terrorist … Continue reading
John Howard contributed to world events which are still affecting us: invasion, illegality, sycophancy to our allies, refugees, and even Brexit and Trump. Why do Australians not hold him accountable?
The unfolding Western effort to preach to the Chinese and paint a picture of a shining and benign America and contrasting that with a threatening and malign picture of China is, among other things, a complete distortion of the historical … Continue reading
‘God created war so Americans could learn geography’ (1) On 3 October, taking another step on the road to a new cold war, Russia suspended the 16-year bilateral plutonium disposition agreement with the US. Are the two countries sleepwalking into … Continue reading