Most viewed recently
- Do we share the same values as the US?
- The Reagan and Thatcher legacies: sorting truth from fantasy.
- My Kafkaesque Trial
- Trump has a problem with China – but what is Australia doing?
- Aged care homes: the weakest COVID-19 link
- Saturday’s good reading and listening for the weekend
- Exposing the Hidden Hand
- His country, weak or strong (Inside Story 3 August, 2020)
- The US hypocrisy on the South China Sea and Diego Garcia
- True crime confessions – being rude to Centrelink
Author Archives: Rodney Tiffen
James Murdoch’s resignation is the result of News Corp’s increasing shift to the right – not just on climate (The Conversation August 2 2020)
James Murdoch is not the most obvious candidate for editorial heroism. His route to resigning from the News Corp board because of “disagreements over certain editorial content” has been circuitous and colourful.
Like the Holy Grail, ‘herd immunity’ often seems to involve miraculous powers, and its advocacy to contain the Covid-19 pandemic has far more to do with faith than evidence.
There is an established tradition in Australian politics that those in power or seeking power say nice things about Rupert Murdoch, while those distant from power or whose time has passed are more critical.