Turnbull knew what he was doing.
The media has turned on Malcolm Turnbull who is accused of ignorance. Media views seem to change even more often than political promises. However,surely the PM knew why he called the meeting with the states. He knew they would reject it which is what he wanted them to do. He now claims the moral high ground in denying their requests for money. Opinions will differ on whether this was a good decision but only time will tell if it worked -whatever the media seesaw comes up with next.
Politics has always been a rough business because only people with strong egos go into it so we should not be surprised at the jealousy and infighting that goes on. The electoral mob is fickle but so it would seem is the press and it remains to be seen whose judgment is better.
- MUNGO MACCALLUM. Angus Taylor’s thought bubbles: from the second rate to the already discredited 25 May 2020
- JOSEPH A. CAMILLERI. Can we rescue the China relationship from the abyss? 25 May 2020
- HAMISH MCDONALD. Journalists on the ramparts (Inside Story 20.5.20) 25 May 2020
- RAMESH THAKUR. Coronavirus data prove Australia is in Asia 25 May 2020
- NOEL TURNBULL. Nev is never in doubt 25 May 2020
- CAVAN HOGUE. Entangling Alliances? 25 May 2020
- ANDREW FARRAN. Brexit Britain – “The lonely little country” 25 May 2020
- ROY HARVEY. The Anzac spirit and the future of health policy 25 May 2020
- JOHN MENADUE. Thanks to Ramesh Thakur 25 May 2020
- PETER SAINSBURY. Sunday environmental round up, 24 May 2020 24 May 2020