Turnbull knew what he was doing.
The media has turned on Malcolm Turnbull who is accused of ignorance. Media views seem to change even more often than political promises. However,surely the PM knew why he called the meeting with the states. He knew they would reject it which is what he wanted them to do. He now claims the moral high ground in denying their requests for money. Opinions will differ on whether this was a good decision but only time will tell if it worked -whatever the media seesaw comes up with next.
Politics has always been a rough business because only people with strong egos go into it so we should not be surprised at the jealousy and infighting that goes on. The electoral mob is fickle but so it would seem is the press and it remains to be seen whose judgment is better.
- Feeding the Chooks: Scott Morrison’s marketing triumph over mainstream media complete 23 September 2020
- ADF and government stage-managing release of war crimes report 23 September 2020
- NZ National Party promises tax cuts while the Labor Government invests in people and infrastructure 23 September 2020
- Neoclassical economics III: a machine to destroy the world 23 September 2020
- Six Ways Sacked Hacks Can Keep Keyboarding 23 September 2020
- Our challenges in dealing with China 23 September 2020
- How would a fairness campaign fare in Australia? 23 September 2020
- What is ‘middle income’ in Australia? 23 September 2020
- ‘You will be put into detention’: Former ABC bureau chief tells story of fleeing China for first time (ABC News Sep 21, 2020) 23 September 2020
- Morrison’s choice: blimps and gas-fired power 22 September 2020