Turnbull knew what he was doing.
The media has turned on Malcolm Turnbull who is accused of ignorance. Media views seem to change even more often than political promises. However,surely the PM knew why he called the meeting with the states. He knew they would reject it which is what he wanted them to do. He now claims the moral high ground in denying their requests for money. Opinions will differ on whether this was a good decision but only time will tell if it worked -whatever the media seesaw comes up with next.
Politics has always been a rough business because only people with strong egos go into it so we should not be surprised at the jealousy and infighting that goes on. The electoral mob is fickle but so it would seem is the press and it remains to be seen whose judgment is better.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The end of Western Civilisation!
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- JULIAN BURNSIDE. The legality of off-shore detention
- JOHN MENADUE. The ongoing class warfare .
- JOHN MENADUE. Sydney Metro: A Forty Billion Dollar Deception? 25 June 2018
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. “They don’t hate us for what we do, but for who we are.” 25 June 2018
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. The new coalition that is really governing Australia. 25 June 2018
- The negative coverage of Islam in Australian media and particularly by the Murdoch media 25 June 2018
- TONY SMITH. Under siege – the ABC, the Coalition and News Ltd. 25 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (784)
- Economy (1,037)
- Education (194)
- Environment and climate (310)
- Health (485)
- Housing (70)
- Human Rights (405)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (154)
- International Affairs (1,462)
- Asia (158)
- Links (10)
- Media (496)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,365)
- Refugees, Immigration (528)
- Religion and Faith (476)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (165)