Turnbull knew what he was doing.
The media has turned on Malcolm Turnbull who is accused of ignorance. Media views seem to change even more often than political promises. However,surely the PM knew why he called the meeting with the states. He knew they would reject it which is what he wanted them to do. He now claims the moral high ground in denying their requests for money. Opinions will differ on whether this was a good decision but only time will tell if it worked -whatever the media seesaw comes up with next.
Politics has always been a rough business because only people with strong egos go into it so we should not be surprised at the jealousy and infighting that goes on. The electoral mob is fickle but so it would seem is the press and it remains to be seen whose judgment is better.
Subscribe to pearls and irritations (we have had some issues, now fixed, so please subscribe again)
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- SAUL ESLAKE. Defenders of housing status quo create ‘alternative facts’.
- BOB DEBUS. Restoring integrity in nature conservation Part 1 of 2
- KEN HILLMAN. Patient safety, a new perspective. 19 February 2018
- JIM COOMBS. Trickle Down – My Hat ! 18 February 2018
- JERRY ROBERTS. The American Empire, China, the Region and Australia 18 February 2018
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND … 17 February 2018
- PATRICK COCKBURN. Toxic legacy of US assault on Fallujah ‘worse than Hiroshima’ 17 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (704)
- Economy (925)
- Education (173)
- Environment and climate (256)
- Health (437)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (375)
- Indigenous affairs (53)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,211)
- Asia (60)
- Links (8)
- Media (455)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,179)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (111)