Turnbull knew what he was doing.
The media has turned on Malcolm Turnbull who is accused of ignorance. Media views seem to change even more often than political promises. However,surely the PM knew why he called the meeting with the states. He knew they would reject it which is what he wanted them to do. He now claims the moral high ground in denying their requests for money. Opinions will differ on whether this was a good decision but only time will tell if it worked -whatever the media seesaw comes up with next.
Politics has always been a rough business because only people with strong egos go into it so we should not be surprised at the jealousy and infighting that goes on. The electoral mob is fickle but so it would seem is the press and it remains to be seen whose judgment is better.
- Morrison’s government: the most amoral in 50 years 1 March 2021
- Vaccine rollout: the value or otherwise of a ‘vaccination certificate’. Part 3 1 March 2021
- Liberal and Liberal-lite: a Hobson’s choice for voters at next election? Part 1 1 March 2021
- Our 18th health workforce structure is riddled with demarcations, inefficiencies and antique work practices. (An edited repost) 1 March 2021
- Obituary: Grand Chief Sir Michael Somare 1 March 2021
- Spanner in the works: US tinkers with Mid-East foreign policy 1 March 2021
- Julie Bishop’s travels along the Gold Brick Road. Part 2 1 March 2021
- Sunday environmental round up, 28 February 2021 28 February 2021
- ‘Existential threat to our survival’: 19 Australian ecosystems already collapsing 28 February 2021
- Book extract: It’s time for a new museum dedicated to the fighters of the frontier wars 28 February 2021