Robert Fisk of The Independent traces the Charlie Hebdo massacre back to the French occupation and disaster in Algeria. See link to this article below.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Has the ABC buckled to PM Malcolm Turnbull by removing critical ‘analysis’ of the claimed benefits of corporate tax cuts?
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- MICHAEL KEATING. Trickle down economics and the Emma Alberici article.
- HENRY REYNOLDS. Australia: A Belligerent Nation 23 February 2018
- JOHN MENADUE. The failure of the National Party and Barnaby Joyce on rural poverty and rural health. 23 February 2018
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Emma Alberici’s now more critical tax cuts ‘analysis’ reposted by ABC 23 February 2018
- GEOFF MILLER: Trump and Turnbull must recognise that China is not going away. 22 February 2018
- PETER MARTIN. Relax, there’s no need to follow Trump on company tax – yet 22 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (709)
- Economy (929)
- Education (176)
- Environment and climate (258)
- Health (440)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (376)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,219)
- Asia (65)
- Links (8)
- Media (459)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,186)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (116)