In this article in the Bangkok Post, journalist Alan Dawson writes of a trend by the Thai government to improve relations with China at the expense of the US. Obama’s ‘pivot to Asia’ is having difficulties in the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. See link below to Bangkok Post article.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Barnaby Joyce slapstick soap opera.
- PETER JOHNSTONE. Bishops in the headlights.
- MICHAEL PASCOE. Fear and loathing in superannuation – Liberal and industry fund conspiracy theories
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The end of Western Civilisation!
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- PETER MANNING. Liberals on another planet 21 June 2018
- RICHARD BROINOWSKI. North Korea and the Trump Bashers 21 June 2018
- ALLAN PATIENCE: Our ABC! 21 June 2018
- RICHARD GLOVER. Move over, Emmanuel Macron. Australia has the true Trump whisperer. (Washington Post 19/6/2018) 21 June 2018
- 2018 Lowy Institute Poll – Climate change, renewables and coal. 21 June 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (783)
- Economy (1,036)
- Education (193)
- Environment and climate (309)
- Health (485)
- Housing (69)
- Human Rights (404)
- Indigenous affairs (59)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (151)
- International Affairs (1,455)
- Asia (157)
- Links (10)
- Media (494)
- NBN (73)
- Politics (2,357)
- Refugees, Immigration (528)
- Religion and Faith (475)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (51)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (163)