The Israeli public relations is almost as powerful as the Israeli military machine. An alternative view is expressed below by Saree Makdisi, a professor of English and comparative literature at UCLA, and the author of ‘Palestine Inside Out: An Everyday Occupation’. This article was published in ‘Mondoweiss’ which describes itself as ‘a news website devoted to covering American foreign policy in the Middle East, chiefly from a progressive Jewish perspective’. John Menadue
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Has the ABC buckled to PM Malcolm Turnbull by removing critical ‘analysis’ of the claimed benefits of corporate tax cuts?
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- MICHAEL KEATING. Trickle down economics and the Emma Alberici article.
- SAUL ESLAKE. The quest for ‘security’ – is it rational, has it made us safer, and at what cost? 23 February 2018
- PAUL FRIJTERS. Our Countries Need Us 23 February 2018
- JOAN STAPLES. Bill weak on stopping foreign donations, but strong on silencing NGOs. 23 February 2018
- JOHN DWYER. The curse of political mediocrity; The informed, bold, courageous policies that Australia needs in health are nowhere to be seen. (Part 3 of 3) 23 February 2018
- ELIZABETH EVATT. Democracy under challenge. 23 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (710)
- Economy (929)
- Education (176)
- Environment and climate (258)
- Health (441)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (378)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,220)
- Asia (65)
- Links (8)
- Media (459)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,187)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (116)