The Observer newspaper in the UK has an interesting background piece on the issues facing people in the UK. It raises many of the questions that concern Australians about the disfunction and the loss of trust in our political institutions. See link to article below. John Menadue
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Has the ABC buckled to PM Malcolm Turnbull by removing critical ‘analysis’ of the claimed benefits of corporate tax cuts?
- MICHAEL KEATING. Trickle down economics and the Emma Alberici article.
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Emma Alberici’s now more critical tax cuts ‘analysis’ reposted by ABC 23 February 2018
- GEOFF MILLER: Trump and Turnbull must recognise that China is not going away. 22 February 2018
- PETER MARTIN. Relax, there’s no need to follow Trump on company tax – yet 22 February 2018
- RICHARD BUTLER. Turnbull and Trump: Meeting of Mates 22 February 2018
- GILES PARKINSON. SA Labor shoots for 75% renewables, 25% storage target 22 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (708)
- Economy (928)
- Education (176)
- Environment and climate (258)
- Health (439)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (376)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,219)
- Asia (65)
- Links (8)
- Media (459)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,186)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (116)