The US wants to cover up the crimes that Julian Assange exposed. Assange…
- Revealed Guantanamo Bay policy of hiding prisoners from the Red Cross
- Documented how Iraqi civilian deaths were underreported by at least 15,000
- Shared cables that proved no-one was killed in Tiananmen Square on June 4, 1989
- Showed that the NSA spied on at least three French Presidents
- Revealed that the US tapped the phone of the German leader, Angela Merkel
- Paid for NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden’s flight and hotel
- Revealed NSA spying on the Japanese government Mitsubishi, Mitsui and others
- Published cables verifying US secret drone strikes in Yemen
- Showed that Saudi Arabia made major cash contributions to a Clinton Foundation
- Made public a video showing an Apache military helicopter killing civilians
Nury Vittachi on Facebook, 20 June 2022
(The US believes that it is the ‘exceptional’ country, that rules may apply to other countries but not to the US. It has refused to join the International Criminal Court because it might expose Americans to war crimes.
Just imagine the campaign and preaching we would get from US politicians and media if China behaved towards a foreign citizen the way the UK and the US are behaving towards Julian Assange. A few of our well known journalists would not be able to contain themselves in their anti-China rhetoric.
Perhaps our values are not the same as those of the US that we are told so much about….John Menadue)