Paul McGeough in the SMH of January 31 draws attention to our dubious links to Middle East countries that have appalling human rights records. Our Governor General, Sir Peter Cosgrove, having given advice to Prime Minister Abbott on a knighthood on Prince Philip decided that he need not be in Australia for Australia Day, but went off to the funeral of the late King of Saudi Arabia. What a strange order of priorities! See link below.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- QUENTIN DEMPSTER. Has the ABC buckled to PM Malcolm Turnbull by removing critical ‘analysis’ of the claimed benefits of corporate tax cuts?
- MICHAEL KEATING. Trickle down economics and the Emma Alberici article.
- GEOFF MILLER: Trump and Turnbull must recognise that China is not going away. 22 February 2018
- PETER MARTIN. Relax, there’s no need to follow Trump on company tax – yet 22 February 2018
- RICHARD BUTLER. Turnbull and Trump: Meeting of Mates 22 February 2018
- GILES PARKINSON. SA Labor shoots for 75% renewables, 25% storage target 22 February 2018
- JOHN MENADUE. The Liberals and the Nationals – Malcolm Turnbull and Barnaby Joyce 22 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (708)
- Economy (928)
- Education (176)
- Environment and climate (258)
- Health (439)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (376)
- Indigenous affairs (54)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,219)
- Asia (65)
- Links (8)
- Media (458)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,186)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (116)