Paul McGeough in the SMH of January 31 draws attention to our dubious links to Middle East countries that have appalling human rights records. Our Governor General, Sir Peter Cosgrove, having given advice to Prime Minister Abbott on a knighthood on Prince Philip decided that he need not be in Australia for Australia Day, but went off to the funeral of the late King of Saudi Arabia. What a strange order of priorities! See link below.
Subscribe to our weekly and daily Pearls and Irritations newsletter!
Most viewed recently
- SPENCER ZIFCAK. The Attorney-General, the ASIS Officer and his Lawyer: The Story of the Shameful Timor Prosecution
- ERIC HODGENS. Storms and Synods.
- KERRY O’BRIEN. Speech to ABC Friends rally – Sydney 8 July 2018
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- MUNGO MacCALLUM. The Libertarians.
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND 21 July 2018
- ROSS BURNS. From Deraa to Deraa. 21 July 2018
- BOB CARR. How the Israeli Lobby operates. 21 July 2018
- MASSIMO FAGGIOLI. ‘La Civiltà Cattolica’ rails against prosperity Gospel and its support for Trump. 21 July 2018
- BARACK OBAMA … to young people, keep believing, keep marching, keep building, keep raising your voice (Nelson Mandela Lecture) 21 July 2018
- Arts and Reviews (39)
- Defence/Security (801)
- Economy (1,059)
- Education (200)
- Environment and climate (319)
- Health (495)
- Housing (72)
- Human Rights (410)
- Indigenous affairs (60)
- Industrial relations (33)
- Infrastructure (158)
- International Affairs (1,523)
- Asia (188)
- Links (10)
- Media (507)
- NBN (74)
- Politics (2,406)
- Refugees, Immigration (534)
- Religion and Faith (490)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (59)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (52)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (36)
- Uncategorized (184)