In solidarity with refugees, young Catholics joined in a Mass in Lafayette Square outside the White House. See link below to article in ‘America, The Jesuit Review’.
Subscribe to pearls and irritations (we have had some issues, now fixed, so please subscribe again)
Most viewed recently
- EMMA ALBERICI. There’s no case for a corporate tax cut when one in five of Australia’s top companies don’t pay it.
- STEPHANIE DOWRICK. Issues of Integrity, Not Sex.
- BERNARD KEANE. Joyce has always been a dud and should never have been deputy PM.
- SAUL ESLAKE. Defenders of housing status quo create ‘alternative facts’.
- BOB DEBUS. Restoring integrity in nature conservation Part 1 of 2
- JIM COOMBS. Trickle Down – My Hat ! 18 February 2018
- JERRY ROBERTS. The American Empire, China, the Region and Australia 18 February 2018
- GOOD READING AND LISTENING FOR THE WEEKEND … 17 February 2018
- PATRICK COCKBURN. Toxic legacy of US assault on Fallujah ‘worse than Hiroshima’ 17 February 2018
- MACK WILLIAMS. Admiral Harris : Ambassador or Viceroy ? 16 February 2018
- Arts and Reviews (35)
- Defence/Security (704)
- Economy (925)
- Education (173)
- Environment and climate (256)
- Health (436)
- Housing (53)
- Human Rights (375)
- Indigenous affairs (53)
- Industrial relations (32)
- Infrastructure (125)
- International Affairs (1,211)
- Asia (60)
- Links (8)
- Media (455)
- NBN (71)
- Politics (2,179)
- Refugees, Immigration (511)
- Religion and Faith (434)
- SERIES: Freedom, opportunity and security (58)
- SERIES: Making housing affordable (15)
- Sport (43)
- Technology, start-ups and new media (1)
- Tributes (35)
- Uncategorized (111)